Wednesday, August 23, 2006

After a long silence, RCG Internet Cafe, Jos

Wednesday, 23 August 06, Jos

To, ga ni. Na dawo. Amma yanzu ina tsammani yauwancin mutane wadanda suke karanta blog nawa, sun tafi, sabo da rashin posting. Amma, to, zan sake fara in rubuta.

So, I'm back. After a long silence. When one is only checking email once every two weeks or so and when one does not work on one's computer very often because of no NEPA and when blogs take a long time to upload, then blogging becomes less of a priority. It probably also has something to do with breaking my digital camera (Wayyo!! Kaico!!! Kash!!!), and I liked to write around the images. Also, perhaps, something to do with settling in, and becoming busy, and breaking my internet obsession.

So, it's been a very full, very good time. My Hausa is much better, and there are many things (one rather wild example: acting in Hausa films) that would have made for very interesting posts, and perhaps I will begin to post them as I try to process my summer over the next few weeks (or week) before classes start. I am flying out of Abuja tomorrow on Lufthansa. Currently trying to reconfirm my flight online since I haven't been able to get through on the phone for the past four days. But no way to do it online. I'm slightly worried about not being allowed handluggage because of the terrorism scare a few weeks ago. But since I have found no notice of it in the Lufthansa website, I am going to assume (perhaps dangerously) that my handluggage is allowed. I am currently trying not to go overweight although I have probably 30-40 VCD films and probably that many novels in Hausa. When will I ever have time to watch them all. I am very grateful for the FLAS fellowship this year, which will give me a good excuse to sit down and watch Hausa movies. I am hopeing to incorporate the watching of films into the curriculum--maybe a movie a week in addition to our translation project.

So, I'm back. I will probably keep this up, although not as obsessively as I did when I first started it. Let's see if this uploads....

No comments: