Tuesday, July 17, 2007

My name is Ikechukwu

Ok, I'm posting this to post something. When I first saw this I thought it was the most annoying song ever. Now, I can't get enough of it. So funny. Prepare to get it stuck in your head... (And I really will try to post something more serious later). I'm in the middle of a never-ending translation of the chapter "Din, Dawla, Dunya" from Mohammed Arkoun's Islam, morale et politique, as well as preparing an article for publication... (Yay!) So very little blogging time these days. But I will post soon.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

“They call me Ikeeeechuckwu whenever I'm around.”

Really? So, they call you by your name whenever you're around, eh? Wow.

What a pathetic thugee-wannabe. He'd probably pee himself if he ever saw a real gun.

You gotta get out of the music sticks, C.

Talatu-Carmen said...

LOL. like your cheezy 80s videos are any better... {-; {-; I just find it so hilarious and have a hard time believing that Ikechukwu is taking himself seriously. But then, perhaps, I have an overabundant sense of irony.

Unknown said...

Touche. ;-)

ikechukwu said...

hey guys , nice commentary. the track was just an intro to the many face of me. i lived in harlem mostly in my 10+years in ny and believe it or not yes i have had my fair share of run ins with the law and ganglife but all that is really irrelevant at this point n my life. the emotion you see and get may reflect that but i am the last person on earth trying to portray a thug. believe it. the album has a variety of sounds and lyrical content but the monstrousity that became "my name is " denied it shine . new stuff out on youtube and you can say hi on myspace and facebook. not too hard to find. i am online all the time so it will be me responding for real.
spread love
ikechukwu

Talatu-Carmen said...

Ikechukwu,

Thanks for the comment! Like I said, I think "My Name is" is fabulous. I'll try to drop by your site sometime when I am off of my media fast. Thanks.

T-C